Essays are crucial for the academic life of a student. We would be happy to help you with your essay! First, it would be helpful to know a little bit more about your essay and what you’re looking for in terms of feedback and assistance. Could you share more information about your essay and what specifically you’d like assistance with?
In general, as essay reviewers, we can provide feedback on the structure and organisation of your essay, the clarity and coherence of your writing, the strength and development of your argument, and the use of evidence and examples to support your points. We can also help you with grammar and language use, as well as offer suggestions for improving the overall effectiveness of your essay. Last but not least, we could help with authentic sources and the correct way of referencing for your essay, which is indispensable.
If you’re looking for help with a college essay, we can provide guidance on how to choose a topic, brainstorm ideas, and plan and outline your essay effectively. We can also help you with the writing process itself, including crafting an effective thesis statement, developing your argument, and revising and editing your work. To make it easier to understand how we work, the following are the ways in which we could improve your essay:
Feedback Can Help You Improve Your College Essays
Receiving feedback on your college essays can be a great way to improve and strengthen your writing. Here are a few tips for making the most of the feedback on your essays:
- Take an open-minded approach: When you receive feedback, try not to get defensive or take it personally. Instead, approach it with an open mind and a willingness to consider different perspectives.
- Prepare drafts and take time to go through them: You should refrain from completing your essay all at once. You need to fresh mind for yourself and for this, you should prepare drafts for it. These drafts should be assessed from time to time with a fresh mind so that you can rectify any problems with time
- Look for specific and actionable suggestions: Feedback that is specific and provides concrete suggestions for improvement is often more helpful than general comments. Look for feedback that points out specific areas that could be improved, and consider how you might address those issues.
- Prioritize feedback that aligns with your goals: Different people may have different opinions on what makes a good essay, so it’s important to consider what feedback aligns with your own goals and objectives for the essay. When you get feedback, it is crucial that you prioritize it well. Urgent points need to be identified and must be rectified as soon as possible. However, you can take time to rectify other points that may not be that urgent and dependent on your deadline.
- Don’t try to implement every suggestion: It’s okay to disagree with or not act on some of the feedback you receive. Trust your own judgment and consider which suggestions will be most helpful in achieving your goals for the essay. In certain cases, you might get generalized suggestions that may not be applicable to your work. Hence, you need to invest time in understanding what points are applicable to you and what are not. Based on your evaluation, you can implement the feedback.
- Seek feedback from multiple sources: Getting feedback from multiple sources, such as classmates, friends, professors, or tutors, can help you get a well-rounded perspective on your essay. When you take feedback from your tutors and other people, you are able to get third-party opinions so that you are able to work on weak portions. When you read the essay yourself, you might not be able to assess it well. However, a third-party opinion is always helpful as far as evaluation is concerned.
I hope these tips are helpful as you work to improve your college essays through feedback! If you have any specific questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Please let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns about your essay, and we will do our best to help!